Powder brows, also known as Ombre Brows, are a semi-permanent makeup technique that creates a soft shaded look similar to the look of makeup. This amazing technique, first developed in Asia, has been around for decades and has been gradually improving over the years. The artist makes use of a digital device which implants pigment into the skin creating a soft pixelated effect with the tails of the brows being darker and fading into a lighter colour at the head of the brow. It gives great definition & depth to the eyebrows. It is particularly recommended for women with oily skin or combination skin or anyone who fills in their brows regularly with pencil or shadow. This procedure is suitable for all skin types and typically lasts between 2-3 years. 6-8 week touch up is required as well as a yearly maintenance touch up for lasting results.
Combination brows, is a combination of both powder brows and microblading giving your brows the best of both worlds. This technique gives your brows the realistic/natural effect with the Microbladed strokes as well as the fuller and more defined effect with the powder technique.
Benefits of Powder brows
- Suitable for all skin types and ages
- Suitable for oily skin (unlike Microblading which can heal blurry on oily skin)
- Gives the appearance of fuller, defined brows
- You can choose between a very subtle appearance or a more bold and defined brow
- Covers old, faded permanent makeup
- Less trauma on the skin
The therapist takes every precaution necessary to ensure the procedure is as pain free as possible. A mild topical numbing cream is used prior to and during the procedure to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable, whilst others report no discomfort at all.
There is no downtime, however immediately after your Microblading procedure and in the first few days, your brows will appear significantly darker and defined than perhaps your desired look. It may continue to get darker over the next few days as scabs begin to form, however this is not an accurate indication of the finished and healed result. 30-50% of your brow colour will fade as the scabs fall off within 7-10 days. In some cases, the scabs may take longer to heal and fall off. DO NOT PICK YOUR SCABS. The pigment is within the scab and you do not want to pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. The complete healing process takes approximately 6 weeks.
A colour is chosen together with your therapist by applying small amounts of different pigments to the skin near your brows and selecting the best match for your skin tone, features and personal preference.
You are not a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are:
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Diabetic (require doctors clearance)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rash, sunburn, acne, etc)
- Sick (Cold, Flu, etc)
- Illness that compromises the immune system
Women with large pores & oily skin are not good candidates for powder brows because the colour doesn’t show up well & can look blurry. Oily skinned beauties should opt for powder/ombre brows
Pre care procedure:
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to strictly follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL
- 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE BLOOD THINNERS unless medically necessary
- Botox should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after the procedure
- No waxing, tanning, or tinting 3 days before
*and no caffeine morning of
Do not touch your brows for the first 24 hours.
- Do not use cosmetics, soap or oil on the treated area.
- Do not get the treated area wet with water at all until the eyebrows have scabbed completely.
- Bathing as opposed to showering is recommended during the healing process.
- Only dab your brows gently with a clean tissue. The scabs will fall off with the natural healing process. If you pick or scratch the scabs, you will cause scarring.
- No tanning, excessive exercise, sweating, saunas, and swimming! Please also avoid direct sunlight and absolutely no form of chemical peeling or facial treatments on the treated areas
- Only use the aftercare cream provided, anything else may cause an allergic reaction.
- Apply the cream sparingly with a clean cotton swab each time.
- Apply aftercare cream only when the pigmented area feels tight (day 3).
- Apply the aftercare cream twice a day, morning and night, until it is finished.